I am joining this Challenge
The rules for this challenge are as follows:
1. Read any 12 award-winning books from July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008. Please look on the sidebar for eligible books from the Pulitzer, Booker, etc. prize lists. Also feel free to pick non-fiction books or other prize winners not listed.
2. Books may be cross-posted with other challenges.
3. You may post your challenge books just on your blog, or you may also contribute to this blog by giving your email address in a comment to this post. I will email you an invitation to be a contributor. Please write your email address in a manner similar to the following: janedoe AT hotmail DOT com. You must be a blogger member in order to contribute.
4. There will be prizes.
Everyone who completes 12 books for the challenge will be entered once into the drawing. For every book over 12 completed, you will receive one more chance for the prize. For example, if you complete 14 books, you will receive 3 chances.
5. Anyone may participate, but to be eligible for the prize, you must sign up by November 1, 2007. To participate in this blog, you must sign up before January 1, 2008.
6. This is NOT required, but if you would like to discuss prize-winning books with others, you are encouraged to join any or all of the follow yahoo book groups:
The ones I have selected are either available for the local library or in my TBR Pile
My 12 are:
Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech – Newbery Award – Review Here
Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan- Newbery Award – Review Here
Miracles on Maple Hill by Virginia Sorensen – Newbery Award – Review Here
A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck – Newbery Award – Review here
The Borrowers by Mary Norton – Carnegie Award – Review Here
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Gouge – Carnegie Award – Review Here
A Thousand Acres by Jan Smiley – Pulitzer Prize – Review Here
Northern Lights by Philip Pullman – Carnegie Award – Review Here
Falling Free by Lois Mcmaster Bujold – Nebula Award Review Here
The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx – National Book Award –Review Here
Jacob I Have Loved by Katherine Paterson – Newbery Award – Review Here
The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard – Agatha Award – Review Here